In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast I am speaking with Athletic Performance Dietitian at the GWS Giants and Cronulla Sharks, Jess Spendlove. In this episode we get really practical with nutrition and how Jess creates processes for the athletes she works with. It was great to get Jess on as the first to primarily discuss nutrition as I think its often an aspect which gets left to the S&C coach/sports scientist, especially in smaller organisations. Hope you enjoy the episode.
In this episode you will learn –
- Who is Jess Spendlove (education, background and current role)?
- Role as a sports dietitian in professional sport in Australia
- Evolving the nutrition program at the GWS GIANTS – focus on getting the basics right and layering that across the various levels of ‘athlete’
- Provision of food service delivery (working with chef both at the giants and hotels to ensure menus meet standards)
- The current supplements environment and mitigating the risk of any doping.
- High & low fat / carb
- Timing / distribution of protein
CLICK HERE to see the presentation which Jess gives to draftees at the GIANTS each year.
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
Jess can be found on Twitter @Jess_Spendlove
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below