Never in a million years did I think this podcast would get to episode #100, let alone be able to get the likes of Dan Baker to appear as a guest. I have been pestering Dan for a LONG time now and I was so pleased that we were able to line it up for this episode. Dan is one of the leading figures in the industry and has become a specialist in the area of strength & power and in particular ‘velocity based training’.
Thank you so much for all the support you have all given the podcast over the last 2 and a half years. I have some exciting things coming up over the next few months which will hopefully add some great content from some great practitioners to the field.
In this episode you will learn –
- Who is Dan Baker (background, education and current role)
- Fast tracking young players – how do we know where we need athletes to be? NRL examples
- The use of MAS – pre season, in-season and off-season variations
- Stages of strength & power development – your scoring tables and programming
- VBT (history lesson) – Why PUSH and what are we doing with the data?
- Assessing fatigue/readiness & velocity stops
- Creating and utilising load-velocity profiles
If you are interested in booking onto Dan’s workshop in Sheffield in September, CLICK HERE.
If you are based in the UK and would like to take advantage of free shipping when buying a PUSH band, visit proformance.pro and enter the voucher coach ‘paceyperform’.
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
Dan can be found on Facebook at Dan Baker Strength and on his website at danbakerstrength.com
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below