In this episode I speak with another author from the book High Performance Training for Sports, Mike McGuigan. Mike is a professor at the Sports Performance Research Institute in New Zealand and is putting some great research out there at the moment on strength and power development, data presentation and performance testing. If you want to all of Mike’s publications over the years, please click this link.
In this episode you will learn –
- Who is Mike McGuigan and how he got to where he is today
- How can we present data to coaches in an effective way
- Prioritising interventions off the back of performance testing
- How strength is transferred to sports performance
- How can we individualise training
- How strong is strong enough
Mike is a SUPER smart guy but he does such a great job of simplifying complex statistics for us mere mortals!
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
Mike can be found on Twitter @mike_mcguigan
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below