In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast I am speaking with a real big hitter in the industry in Darren Burgess. Darren was the fitness and conditioning coach at Liverpool FC before making the switch back to the AFL as High Performance Manager with Port Adelaide FC. I really wanted this episode to be based around recovery and recovery methods, and with the AFL hitting pre-season I thought Darren would be the perfect guy for this.
In this episode you will learn –
- Who is Darren Burgess and how he got to where he is today
- Protocols used at Port Adelaide for assessing neuromuscular fatigue
- How to use heart rate recovery
- Protocols for using heart rate variability
- What a pre-season in the AFL looks like
- The High Performance Sports Programme
Darren can be found on Twitter @DarrenBurgess25
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below