This episode sees me speaking with strength coach, writer and elite drug free powerlifter, Greg Nuckols. Greg has been writing a blog for some time and I have kept up to date with his articles for the last few months and he is someone I have wanted to get on for a while. In this episode we discuss training for powerlifting, periodisation, training to failure and the importance of bar speed.
In this episode you will learn –
- Who is Greg Nuckols and how he got to where he is today
- What is periodization
- Is there a ‘best’ periodization scheme for powerlifters
- Is training to failure necessary
- What is the difference between the Russian and Bulgarian training systems
- How important is bar speed
- How bar speed can be used when programming
If you want to check out Greg’s blog, he has recently got a new website at strengtheory.com with the content on there absolutely fantastic and I would definitely recommend it. Bret Contraras, Mike Isreatel and owner of Juggernaut Training Systems, Chad Wesley-Smith all endorsed Greg’s previous website gregnuckols.com which gives you an insight into Greg’s quality as a writer.
Greg can be found on Twitter @GregNuckols
Greg can be found on Facebook at Facebook.com/gregory.nuckols
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below