In this episode I am again speaking with someone I met in Seattle and that’s Jonny Northeast, Head of Sports Science at Swansea Football Club. Over the last 10 years Swansea have had progressive managers in charge of the club and it sounds like it’s no different now with Gary Monk. Jonny is very open in this episode with the techniques used by himself and his team to get the guys ready for a Saturday. Oh, and he’s a super nice guy as well!
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by SimpliFaster.com
In this episode you will learn –
- Who is Jonny Northeast (background, education and current role)
- CPD for coaches
- Your current role at Swansea and Wales?
- How are you managing the training week while players are on international duty with Wales?
- Planning a pre season
- Recovery methods employed in season and pre season? Periodising recover?
- Warm ups for football
- Difference between working with U21 players and first team?
Links mentioned in the episode –
- Pacey Performance Webinar Series #1 with Dan Baker
- PAS Nutrition
- EXOS Performance Certification
- Pre-Season at a Premier League Club – Guardian article
- Discount codes for Keir Wenham-Flatt’s seminar series – ‘PACEY1’ for Belfast and ‘PACEY2’ for Hartpury
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
Jonny can be found on Twitter @j_northeast
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below