In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast I have the great pleasure of speaking with Director of Medical Services at the San Antonio Spurs, Phil Coles. Phil’s CV includes Liverpool Football Club, Newcastle Knights and the Socceroos (Australian national soccer team). After reading Phil’s recent article on the role of the High Performance Unit prior to his talk at the Leaders in Sport conference I thought it would be fantastic to get him on and thank fully he was able to make time in his busy schedule.
In this episode you will learn –
- Setting goals for the HPU
- Involving athletes in their own athletic development goals
- Recruitment and the HPU’s role
- Injury management (methods and examples)
- Being process driven and difficulty in aligning with technical and tactical goals (your experiences and examples)
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Coach Me Plus.
This episode is also sponsored by Vald Performance, the team behind the NordBord.
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
Phil can be found on Twitter @PhilColesPhysio
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below